I’ve been Liebstered!
A Proper Thank You:
First and foremost I’d like to thank Silver Threading for nominating me for the Liebster Award. I have massive respect for anyone who decides to go back to school and finds inspiration out of it all! There is a great story in the journey. Thank you from the bottom of my heart and Good Luck! http://silverthreading.com
11 Facts about myself:
1. I love a puzzle, mystery, or challenging pattern.
2. I lived in Hawaii for 5 years.
3. I’m a night owl who has the work schedule of a morning lark…rough!
4. I am a type 1 diabetic and use an insulin pump.
5. I’m a Virgo.
6. I think the world revolves around rhythms.
7. I’ve been a coffee lover since I was a little girl.
8. My favorite movie: A Room with a View.
9. My favorite childhood movie was: The Wizard of Oz.
10. I think more can be said in a person’s eyes than with their words.
11. Fashion = Simple, clean lines, and high heels.
1. Why did you decide to start blogging?
I started blogging because I had to start writing. I needed a corner of the world that was mine. My creative space to cook, document, sort through life and write about how I see the world. It’s a great place!
2. How would you describe yourself?
I would describe myself as a hopeless romantic who likes to daydream. I’m chatty when the mood hits me, practical as a paperclip, and always rooting for the underdog. I’m shy and a bit of a headcase when I get dealt a tough puzzle to solve, but I will solve it and I will probably do it through pattern recognition. Patterns are really easy for me to recognize and because of this I work really hard to stay away from a pattern-based life. It’s a crazy maker!
I like doing new things, trying new foods, meeting new people (and hopefully making new friendships). I like working with my hands. I’m very intuitive about what will happen next (probably my pattern-based viewpoint) but I make my final decision based on facts. I prefer face to face interactions to the telephone and I need to touch things to understand why they matter to me.
3. What is your favorite music?
Where do I start? I have been asked this question many times before and I always seem to stammer at it each time. Mainly I’m stumped by this question because I think I’m attracted to specific tones and rhythms rather than a specific music. It’s a bit bizarre, but if I hear the right tones it’s like being hooked in by a fishing line. Here are a few favorites: I love Dave Brubreck, Royksopp, Billie Holiday, the Killers (smart lyrics), Henry Mancini, Neil Diamond, and Erik Satie.
4. Where do you find inspiration for your blog?
I must have a mysterious muse that keeps me going when I’m at loss for ideas. However, I read a lot of different material and a well crafted sentence puts me straight into my head, like music – straight into my head. Then my brain starts firing questions at a rapid pace and: Voila! Mon Blog!
5. What’s your favorite beverage and why?
Can I just say a great red wine is perfect at the end of the day and a good cup of coffee from from a french press is great at anytime of the day.
6. If you could be an animal, what species would you be and why?
Why a snow leopard…of course! They are so well camouflaged, curious, and downright unpredictable.
7. What is your favorite food type (Italian, Mexican, etc.)?
My favorite type of food is French cooking. I love butter…what can I say.
8. Which do you prefer…a book or an e-reader?
I can proudly say I tried ye olde e-reader and I have to admit, I’m old school. Paper feels good in my hands and I can read it without the sensation of needles being drilled into my retinas.
9. If you won the lottery, what would you do first?
I would travel for a year.
10. Who is your favorite author and why?
Charles Dickens. Hands down. The man could split detail into a million descriptive words and then he could split it again!
11. What is your favorite post from your blog and why?
St. Lucia Bread was a really fun day in the kitchen! Success!
There are certain rules to accepting this award and they are:
- Thank the Liebster Award presenter who nominated you and link back to his or her blog.
- Post 11 facts about yourself,
- Answer the 11 questions you were asked
- Create 11 questions for your nominees.
- Nominate small [no more than 200 followers] blogs who you feel deserve to be noticed and leave a comment on their blog, letting them know that they have been chosen.
- Display the Liebster Award Logo.
- No tag-backs – meaning you can’t just nominate the person who nominated you.
Good Luck to all new blogs out there!
Lovely photography work which displays life through lens.
My questions to my nominee:
1. How did you start in photography?
2. What are your favorite places to photograph and why?
3. When did you realize you had an eye for photography?
4. Who or what is the inspiration behind your work?
5. Who is your favorite classical artist and why?
6. What matters more: the equipment or the human eye?
7. Has technology made photography better or worse?
8. What crosses your mind right before you click the camera?
9. Where would you rather be: The beach or the mountains?
10. Are you cat or dog person?
11. Where do you see your art in 10 years?
Best Wishes to you!